Re: power-reader-mode

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: power-reader-mode
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:22:12 -0700

Fabian Braennstroem wrote:

Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> writes:

Fabian Braennstroem wrote:

as a Emacs-User I have to read a lot and now using Gnus even more :-)
Does a package exist which can work as a 'power-reader'? I.e. when I mark a
region and start the power-reader-mode, a small buffer opens, in which the
words are printed one after another (maybe two or three).

M-| cat RET

That's is a nice new function for me, but I did not mean that. I meant with one
after another, that only one word is displayed in the buffer, then, after a
certain timestep, the next word is displayed.

M-| while read line; do C-q C-j
for word in $line; do C-q C-j
echo -e "$word \c" C-q C-j
sleep 1 C-q C-j
done C-q C-j
echo C-q C-j
done RET

I found a website, which can explain it better

There, the explanation about the flash-training gives that:
"The RocketReader flash-training exercises use a unique computer-display
 flash technique that forces your eyes to read sentences in a very small
 period of time with very few fixations. A word or a sentence is flashed
onto the screen for a fraction of a second (as quickly as 15 thousandth of one second). You must then correctly read the flashed word or sentence. ..."

OK, it should be easy to whip up an Emacs implementation using timers...

--
Kevin Rodgers