Re: power-reader-mode

From: Marco Parrone
Subject: Re: power-reader-mode
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 01:26:59 +0100

Kevin Rodgers on Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:22:12 -0700 writes:

>> I found a website, which can explain it better
>> There, the explanation about the flash-training gives that:
>> "The RocketReader flash-training exercises use a unique computer-display
>>  flash technique that forces your eyes to read sentences in a very small
>>  period of time with very few fixations. A word or a sentence is flashed
>>  onto the screen for a fraction of a second (as quickly as 15
>> thousandth  of one second). You must then correctly read the flashed
>> word or sentence. ..."
>
> OK, it should be easy to whip up an Emacs implementation using timers...

This should work.

(setq flash-training-sit-for-seconds 0)
(setq flash-training-sit-for-milliseconds 15)

(defun flash-training (begin end)
  "Reading exercise."
  (interactive "r")
  (let ((strings (split-string (buffer-substring begin end))))
    (while (not (null strings))
      (message (car strings))
      (setq strings (cdr strings))
      (sit-for flash-training-sit-for-seconds