Re: UUIDGEN in lisp

From: Brad Collins
Subject: Re: UUIDGEN in lisp
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 01:23:34 +0700

I didn't know about the MD5 function in Emacs!  Wow...

But I really do need to use a proper UUID.

I've been trying to see how it's been done by others but it's not easy
stuff.  I still don't understand about high and low parts of a time
stamp and how to convert them.. The Perl module Data::UUID seems very
complete and seems to use MD5 to create hashes of the different parts
of the time stamp to create the four parts of the UUID but I'm still
not getting it....

b/

--
Brad Collins