Re: font-lock question

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: font-lock question
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 19:47:42 +0100

"Javier Oviedo" <email_joviedo@yahoo.com> writes:

> How do I do this?

I was being obtuse.  This is not good.  Argh.  It is so easy to hide
one's own ignorance behind some mists of vagueness.

> Occur mode has already copied the line to the buffer for me. It
> sounds like you are suggesting that I implement this copy myself but
> I'm not sure how to override the occur copy nor how to copy the
> faces with the text. Any hints...thoughts...suggestions? Thanks!

"Normal" copies should preserve the text properties, I think.  So
maybe something in occur mode is overwriting them afterwards, or occur
mode uses buffer-substring-no-properties to strip them.

Or is a yank handler stripping them?  It's unlikely for yanking to
happen, though.

I *should* be looking at the source code myself :-|

Kai