Re: Can I change the way emacs saves text files?

From: William Payne
Subject: Re: Can I change the way emacs saves text files?
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 21:55:58 +0100

"David Kastrup" <dak@gnu.org> wrote in message
x5r7wpmqhw.fsf@lola.goethe.zz">news:x5r7wpmqhw.fsf@lola.goethe.zz...
> "William Payne" <mikas493_no_s_p_a_m_@student.liu.se> writes:
>
> > Hello, can I control the way Emacs saves text files, and by way I mean
> > windows style and *nix style line breaks?
> >
> > Preferrably, I'm looking for a setting I can put in my .emacs file.
>
> What problem are you having with it?  It saves usually in the style
> in which it has read them.
>
> --
> David Kastrup, Kriemhildstr. 15, 44793 Bochum

Well, if I do C-x C-f and "open" a file that doesn't exist I would like to
be able to specify how it should be saved (windows or *nix style line
breaks). I am using Emacs for Windows (I compiled Emacs from source myself)
under Cygwin, and I want to save all files I create from within Emacs as
unix files instead of Windows files as it is doing now.

/ WP