Re: Newbie: Interactive goto-line ?!

From: Gian Uberto Lauri
Subject: Re: Newbie: Interactive goto-line ?!
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:42:00 +0100

ML> Karel Kubat <karel@e-tunity.com> writes:
>> A newbie question: I'm tired of typing "^X goto-line", so what I
>> want is the same functionality, but in fewer keystrokes.

ML> (global-set-key "\C-cg" 'goto-line) ; Link to CTRL-c g

If the keyboard configuration supports Hyper and Super you can save
a keystroke by using one of these Space Cadet modifiers.

(global-set-key [?\s-g] 'goto-line)

Under X11 the use of Super and Hyper requires some tinkering with
the keyboard configuration, under Windows just these line of
Emacs Lisp in your .emacs:

 (setq w32-apps-modifier 'hyper)
 (setq w32-lwindow-modifier 'super)
 (setq w32-rwindow-modifier 'meta)
 (setq w32-alt-is-meta t)
 (setq w32-pass-lwindow-to-system nil)   ; appropriate for modifier
 (setq w32-pass-rwindow-to-system nil) ; appropriate for modifier
 (setq w32-pass-alt-to-system nil)

  //--\ | | \|  |   Integralista GNUslamico e fancazzista
\/