Re: emcas code style

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: emcas code style
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:46:11 +0000

Tobias Boonstoppel <tobias@webundso.ch> wrote on Wed, 25 Feb 2004
12:01:45 +0100:
> hi!

> could you help me?

> i want a to build a emacs mode that indents code like this:

> function blah()
>  {
>  if($somthing == 1)
>    {
>    foo();
>    switch()
>      {
>      }
>    }
>   return false;
>  }

> and NOT like in c++ mode oder PHP mode like this:

> function blah()
>  {
>  if($somthing == 1)
>    {
>    foo();
>    switch()
>      {
>      }
>    }
>   return false;
>  }

Pardon me, but I can't see the difference between these two fragments'
indentation.  Maybe too much Elisp programming makes one go blind.

> where do i change these settings?
> thxx!!!!

These settings would be at the heart of the major mode.

However, since you mention c++ mode, I'll tell you where to look to find
out about changing them in that mode.  In the CC Mode manual, have a look
at the pages "Sample .emacs file", then "Customizing Indentation" and
it's sub-pages.

For quick interactive customization, try C-c C-o.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)
Email: aacm@muuc.dee; to decode, wherever there is a repeated letter