Re: A couple rudimentary elisp questions

From: Johan Bockgård
Subject: Re: A couple rudimentary elisp questions
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 01:57:52 +0100

exits funnel <exitsfunnel@yahoo.com> writes:

> 1) Is there no way to specify multi-line comments? I read the
> 'comments' section in the 'Emacs Lisp Reference Manual' and it seems
> to indicate not, but it seems kind of hard to believe.

Why? While Emacs Lisp does indeed not have multi-line comments, there
are commands in Emacs for commenting and uncommenting regions.

> I'm trying to write a custom c-style and it would be helpful if I
> could comment/uncomment large chunks of my .emacs file and reload it
> so I could try to figure out what's going on. If there really are no
> multi line comments is there any tricks for kludging it?

Reloading the entire file is the real kludge here. Reading this
section in the manual should be helpful:

(info "(emacs)Lisp Eval")

> 2) I see alot of lists of the form (foo . bar). What does the dot
> specify?

(info "(elisp)Dotted Pair Notation")

--
Johan Bockgård