Re: customize messing up .emacs symlink?

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: customize messing up .emacs symlink?
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 11:52:40 -0700

Ed L Cashin wrote:

Hi.  I have a .emacs file under version control and symlinked into my
home directory.  Every once in a while, emacs replaces my symlink and
creates a regular file.

Just now I sent some usenet news and saw a message flash by:

  Wrote /home/ecashin/.emacs
  Sending news via news.gmane.org using nntp...
  Opening nnimap server on 127.0.0.1...

The difference between the old .emacs and the impostor is shown
below.  It leads me to suspect that the customize code of the two
emacs versions I use are competing.
I wish they would leave .emacs alone, since I edit it myself and like
the symlink.

(setq custom-file "~/emacs.custom")

--
Kevin Rodgers