ftp-client won't list directory

From: Thomas Zirngibl
Subject: ftp-client won't list directory
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:25:43 +0100 (MET)

After I upgraded to version 21.3.1 (from 20-something), emacs refuses to visit
remote files via ftp. Login is ok, but when it comes to listing my home dir, the
client hangs. I guess the trouble stems from the way the directory is specified
in the 'ls'-command:

 257 "/afs/path/to/home/foobar" is current directory.
 ls "-al /afs/path/to/home/." /tmp/ange-ftp12345AB

My ftp-client also hangs after that when run on the command line. When I change
the dot (.) for the directory name (foobar), everything works fine. Is this a
bug or am I just missing some variables to be customized?

---
Thomas Zirngibl