Re: truncating long lines

From: Jay Cotton
Subject: Re: truncating long lines
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 11:02:07 -0500

Actually, auto-fill-mode is not turned on. The 'truncation' that I'm referring to is when emacs puts a dollar sign ($) at the end of each row to signify that there is more text and you will need to scroll horizontally in order to see it. When you are programming, you can turn this on and off with the command m-x toggle-truncate-lines. However, this command does not appear to work when you are have two side-by-side windows. (I achieve this window arrangement with the command c-x 3.) Instead, the line truncation appears to be always on, and the command m-x toggle-truncate-lines executes but nothing changes.