Re: META-x grep question

From: Brian Johansen
Subject: Re: META-x grep question
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:22:47 +0200

Roodwriter@core.com wrote:
Brian Johansen wrote:

Hi !

Does anyone know how to change the default arguments when using the grep
command within emacs ??
When choosing META-x grep
It defaults to grep -n -e
and I want it to: grep -n -e <search text> '*.[ch]'
and possibly set the cursor at <search text> ready for input.

Is that possible ?? and how ?

regards

Brian

I also changed the default. It's in the customization screens under "Options." Wish I could remember exactly where.
--Rod

Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answers for Practical Consumers" and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." Both are available at http://www.rodwriterpublishing.com/index.html

To reply by e-mail, take the extra "o" out of the name.

Thanks ! That works !
Do you know if one could put it in the .emacs file instead ??

BR

Brian