Re: Troubles with Umlauts

From: Tobias Radloff
Subject: Re: Troubles with Umlauts
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:30:24 +0200

Hi,

I see them correctly and they are declared correctly.  But this is not
related to your problem since you obviously used a different machine
and a differnt program (Opera) to send this message.
True, I use a different machine for networking since the notebook has no network device. I was just wondering.

You most probably don't want LC_ALL.
Why not?

Try "emacs -q -no-site-file".  If this still doesn't shot the 8bit
character, show us the output of `M-x describe-coding-system RET' in
this Emacs session.
That does not work. On startup I get the message "Opening input file: no such file or directory, /usr/lib/X11/locale/locale.alias". The output of the command you specified is: "Cannot open load file: mule-diag"

Bye,
Tobias