API for shell-mode?

From: J Krugman
Subject: API for shell-mode?
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:47:13 +0000 (UTC)

Where can I find the API/documentation for the Emacs shell mode
(i.e. the mode of the buffer one gets when one types 'M-x shell').

My immediate question are the specs on the possible values for the
$EMACS environment variable.  Is there any other possible value
other than 't'?

(This is only the latest of several questions I've had over the
years about the shell-mode, but I can never find adequate documentation
for it, other than a list of key bindings.)

Thanks,

jill

--
To  s&e^n]d  me  m~a}i]l  r%e*m?o\v[e  bit from my a|d)d:r{e:s]s.