Re: get rid of leftover auto save #files#

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: get rid of leftover auto save #files#
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:53:19 -0400

Lowell Gilbert wrote:

> Kevin Dziulko <weaselboy1976@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> When I decide to abandon changes made to a buffer.  I exit emacs without
>> saving the file.  It asks "Modified buffers exist; exit anyway?"  I
>> answer yes.  Now I have an auto save #file# file there.  How can I not
>> get these files in this scenario?  I want to keep auto save on because of
>> it's many benefits.
>
> I usually mark the file as unmodified before killing it.
> [M-~ in the default configuration]
>
> I suppose you could use the kill-buffer-hook or some related hook to
> do this automatically...

You could also use dired and type #. This will flag all the auto-save files
for deletion.

--Rod

Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answers for Practical Consumers"
and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." Both are available at
http://www.rodwriterpublishing.com/index.html

To reply by e-mail, take the extra "o" out of the name.