Re: evaluate expression in scratch buffer

From: Marco Parrone
Subject: Re: evaluate expression in scratch buffer
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:27:36 GMT

William Payne on Thu, 22 Apr 2004 23:04:03 +0200 writes:

> Hello, I want to evaluate the following expression:
> (insert (prin1-to-string (w32-select-font)))
>
> I read that I should evaluate it in the scratch buffer, so I typed it in
> there...but what do I do to get the actual evaluation to occur?

C-h a eval RET

[Of these, the functions I find more useful are:]

(snip)
eval-buffer                   M-x eval-buffer RET
  Command: Execute the current buffer as Lisp code.
(snip)
eval-last-sexp                C-x C-e
  Command: Evaluate sexp before point; print value in minibuffer.
(snip)
eval-region                   M-x eval-region RET
  Command: Execute the region as Lisp code.
(snip)

--
Marco Parrone (marc0) <marc0@autistici.org> [0x45070AD6]