Re: Formatting of fancy diary entries

From: Rafael Villarroel
Subject: Re: Formatting of fancy diary entries
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:44:13 -0500

reingold@emr.cs.iit.edu (Edward M. Reingold) writes:

>     RV> Say I have
>
>     RV> (add-hook 'diary-display-hook 'fancy-diary-display) (setq
>     RV> diary-list-include-blanks t) in my .emacs
>
>     RV> %%(diary-day-of-year) %%(diary-phases-of-moon) in my diary file
>     RV> days remaining in the year
>
>     RV> How could I get a blank line between ======================== and the
>     RV> next line? How about getting some kind of separator between that and
>     RV> some other stuff I would put in my diary file?
>
> Use a line like
>
>     &* * ============
>
> But if you use the sorting hook, you will need to rewrite the sort to put the
> line where you want it or it may get moved.

Sorry to bother you again, but how exactly do I use that? If the
contents of my diary file are:

&* * ============
%%(diary-day-of-year)
%%(diary-phases-of-moon)

after M-x diary I get exactly the same as if had not included the
&* * ============ lines, no new separators, no new blank lines.

Friday, 23 April 2004
Day 114 of 2004; 252 days remaining in the year

regards, Rafael