Qs about RMAIL

From: kj
Subject: Qs about RMAIL
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 15:26:59 +0000 (UTC)

Hi!

1. I tried setting the variable rmail-primary-inbox-list using

   M-x set-variable[RET]
   rmail-primary-inbox-list[RET]
   /home/jones/mail/test[RET]

   ...but I got the error

   set-variable: Value `/home/jones/mail/test' does not match type
   choice of rmail-primary-inbox-list

   What's the correct way to enter a list of inboxes?

2. Is there a way to tell rmail to fetch mail "just this once" from an
   inbox that is not among the ones that it normally gets mail from?
   (By "just this once" I mean "without having to first set
   rmail-primary-inbox-list and then reset it back to its original
   value")

3. What's the simplest way to convert a file from the usual Unix mail
   format to BABYL?  (Actually I'm interested in ways to do this from
   within Emacs, as well as from the Unix command line)

4. Does anybody know of a procmail recipe to save mail to a file in
   BABYL format?

Thanks!

kj
--
NOTE: In my address everything before the period is backwards.