Question on pretty printing

From: Holger Schulz
Subject: Question on pretty printing
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:21:39 +0200

Using xemacs on a Linux machine a tried to use pretty print method to
create a postscript file of OCaml source code (I've installed the tuareg
mode).

A colleague set up the following function

---cut---
(defun my-pretty-ps ()
(interactive)
(let ((f (buffer-name)))
  (ps-print-buffer-with-faces (concat f ".ps"))))
---cut---

That works to produce a pretty printed .ps file but we have the
following problems

1. The header of the postscript page includes the path of the file. We
want to get rid of that.

2. The .ps file contains to pages, but the second to totally empty. The
header on the first says 1/1.

3. The file seems to contain corrupted PostScript code. We can produce a
pdf file from it with ps2pdf but not with the Acrobat distiller on my
MacOS X machine. The distiller produces a PDF but i containts complete
rubbish.

Versions:

XEmacs 21.4 (patch 1) "Copyleft" [Lucid] (i386-debian-linux) of Tue May
22 2001 on eeyore

Acrobat Distiller 6.0.1

I don't know how to determine the version of ps2pdf

hs