compilation-enter-directory-regexp-alist

From: John Russell
Subject: compilation-enter-directory-regexp-alist
Date: 29 Apr 2004 09:45:51 -0400

While using JDEE (Java Development Environment for Emacs) I ran into
a problem compiling files with emacs CVS.

It registers this complaint whenever I try to compile something:

Symbol's value as variable is void: compilation-enter-directory-regexp-alist

So I went looking for that variable and found that it had been
removed in March. Here is an excerpt the changelog entry:

2004-03-11  Daniel Pfeiffer  <occitan@esperanto.org>

        * progmodes/compile.el (compile-auto-highlight)
        (compilation-error-list, compilation-old-error-list)
        (compilation-parse-errors-function, compilation-parsing-end)
        (compilation-error-message, compilation-directory-stack)
        (compilation-enter-directory-regexp-alist)
        (compilation-leave-directory-regexp-alist)
        (compilation-file-regexp-alist, compilation-nomessage-regexp-alist)
        (compilation-current-file, compilation-regexps): Remove vars.

There doesn't appear to be a lot of explanation as to why they were
removed and what can be used to replace the functionality.  The
variable was used in beanshell.el and several other files in JDEE.

Before I emailed the JDEE list and said, your release doesn't work
with CVS, I thought I might ask here first as to what can be done
about it.  Thanks for any help.

John