Re: save withing custom

From: Klaus Berndl
Subject: Re: save withing custom
Date: 29 Apr 2004 16:08:31 +0200

On 29 Apr 2004, Miguel Frasson wrote:

>  Suppose that I want to to have a variable defined with custom like
>
>    (defcustom foo 1 "testing custom" :type 'integer)
>
>  that I have the value remembered. How do I save the variable in custom
>  without use customize-option? I mean, I want that a program that I make
>  could save the variable, and customize variable requires me to save the
>  variable...

Hmm, I'm not sure that i really understand what are you asking for...

What's the problem with calling (customize-save-variable 'foo 7) from an
elisp-program when the program wants to store the value 7 for option 'foo?

BTW: `customize-save-variable' doesn't store the new value in a file but only
sets the new value for the current session.

Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl                    mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de
sd&m AG                         http://www.sdm.de