Re: How to *completely* disable font-lock mode in my .emacs?

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: How to *completely* disable font-lock mode in my .emacs?
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:32:22 -0600

Eric Smith wrote:
> Joe Corneli <jcorneli@math.utexas.edu> writes:
>
>>You can specify all the faces and so on directly, and this seems a
>>less drastic measure than disabling font-lock.  The configuration I
>>use which has pretty nice results both on a black rxvt and under x
>>follows.
>
> Having to find all the things in emacs that use distinct faces and
> come up with new settings for all of them is exactly what I did not
> want to do.
> But thanks for posting you configuration, and I may try it in the
> future.

I think Joe's point was that a few X resource definitions can cover all
the cases so that you don't have to enumerate them all.  Note in
particular his use of class (vs. instance) names and an asterisk (vs. A
dot) to separate the program from its resource.

Besides those he listed, you might need these to override all the faces'
colors:

Emacs*attributeForeground: white
Emacs*attributeBackground: black

--