Re: How to include original

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: How to include original
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 17:55:24 -0500

  I am trying to use emacs on a UNIX server in order to send email. When
  I get an email and reply, people complain that they don't see their

You didn't say what emacs system are you using to read your mail. If
you are using RMAIL you can type C-c C-y (`mail-yank-original').

It shouldn't be hard to write a little function/macro that will do
both the "reply to mail" action and this yank action.  Or you could
just remember to type C-c C-y for the people who complain otherwise!

You're likely to find that lots of people (including people on most
mailing lists) do not want to see their writing coming back at them
all the time.  For mailing lists it is preferable to use selective
quotes from the original.