Re: Anti-aliased fonts support ?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Anti-aliased fonts support ?
Date: 06 May 2004 16:10:13 +0900

Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:
> Is there any plan to support  anti-aliased fonts in Emacs ? Is there any
> patch available out there ?

There's a patch to add libxft support to Emacs, but the last time I
tried it, it was still quite unpolished[*].

Here's the info I have:

   version:           christopher.gray@mail.mcgill.ca--archive-ubc/emacs--xft--0

   archive-location:  http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~cmg/{archive}

The home page at http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~cmg/ also seems to work.

-Miles

[*] Indeed, for me it barely worked at all, even with lots of fiddling.
    However from the author's screenshot I gather he had better luck,
    so I guess it probably depends on what fonts you have installed, etc.
--
`...the Soviet Union was sliding in to an economic collapse so comprehensive
 that in the end its factories produced not goods but bads: finished products