Problems with (only) partial fontification in lisp mode

From: Fabre Lambeau
Subject: Problems with (only) partial fontification in lisp mode
Date: 6 May 2004 18:28:43 -0700

I have a problem with the fontification of Lisp code in GNU Emacs on
my Windows machine.
What happens is that I have some degree of color, among other things
the defclass, defuns and other defs, the strings, the comments and the
function names.
However, the keywords (eg. :test), the lambda keywords (eg. &key), the
reserved words (error, warning, etc.) and macros (eg. when, let,
with-open-file) are not fontified as I'm used to under Linux at my
workplace...

I've put
        (global-font-lock-mode t)
        (setq-default font-lock-maximum-decoration t)
        (setq lisp-font-lock-keywords lisp-font-lock-keywords-2) in my .emacs
and restarted Emacs

I checked that the option font-lock-maximum-size and
font-lock-maximum-decoration are at their maximum value: they are.
I checked the font-lock.el, and it seems to define all these keywords,
I recompiled it, all to no avail.

Help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Fabre Lambeau
University of Cambridge