The ugly scrollbar of emacs 21.3.50.2

From: Ding Lei
Subject: The ugly scrollbar of emacs 21.3.50.2
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 08:49:06 +0800

Hello Folks,
        I was previously a Vimmer, just (preparing) to convert to emacs...
I am using emacs 21.3.50.2, compiled from the cvs source around april, with
gtk2 toolkit.
Basically using emacs for java development with JDEE & Ecb. Though both of them
two often shows this or that error complaining things like "symbol void/not
found" , but anyway.. that's ok.
The most unbearable thing is the ugly big scrollbar(splitline) between
buffers(directory buffer, source buffer, method buffer). They take too much
screen space, I would prefer a thin ascii char splitline in VIM.
        Any way to customize the scrollbar in emacs?

        Thank you!

--
Regards,

<((         D i n g    L e i         ))))))>>
 || Ext: 8102                            ||
 || Email: <dinglei [A] ipanel [O] cn>   ||
 || Dept. Of Technology/Engineering      ||
 || Embedded Information Services Inc.   ||

If there are epigrams, there must be meta-epigrams.