Re: C-x TAB indent-rigidly default set to 4 columns, not to 1

From: Michael Slass
Subject: Re: C-x TAB indent-rigidly default set to 4 columns, not to 1
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 20:12:18 GMT

nospam55 <nospa@no.yahoo.no> writes:

>Hi! The
>
>    (global-set-key [f1] 'indent-rigidly) ;
>
>works and is convenient, however I would like to make a mutation irFrequent of
>indent-rigidly which defaults to indenting by 4 columns instead of 1 , and then

You want your third argument to be the optional prefix-arg, and then
using the raw prefix arg specifier, P, in the interactive form for
that argument, you'll get a nil if it's not specified.  The
(or width 4) form will evaluate to width if width is non-nil, 4 otherwise.

Try this:

(defun irFrequent (beg end &optional width)
  "`indent-rigidly' region with 4 spaces, or prefix-arg spaces if provided"
  (interactive "r\nP")
  (indent-rigidly beg end (or width 4)))

--
Mike Slass