Re: loading site start before .emacs

From: Micha Feigin
Subject: Re: loading site start before .emacs
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 05:19:24 +0300

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 01:08:46AM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> writes:
>
> > Is it possible (and are there any issues) to make the site startup
> > files load before .emacs?
> >
> > the desktop package seems to have problems with a lot of things if they
> > are not being loaded before desktop-read is called (I had issues with
> > ecp and now with preview-latex).
>
> What issues?  preview-latex should work fine with desktop as long as
> the respective autoloads for AUCTeX (in tex-site.el) and
> preview-latex have already been defined.  This is not about _loading_
> those packages, but about providing the necessary load information
> when desktop-read decides to call upon them.

preview-latex is loaded automatically by the site file, so when I open
new latex files it is available.

When using desktop, unless I add (load "preview-latex") before
desktop-read then preview latex is not available for latex files opened
by desktop for some reason.

It could be some other problem with the setup though. IIRC it did brake
at some point, but I am not sure.