Re: The ugly scrollbar of emacs 21.3.50.2

From: Ding Lei
Subject: Re: The ugly scrollbar of emacs 21.3.50.2
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 10:55:40 +0800

Thank you very much for both of your help!
btw. How to apply for an email address ends with @gnu.org ? that's really cool!
^_^

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 09:02:24AM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
> >  Or do you mean the horizontal separator between windows, the one
> > below the displayed text, where you see the buffer's name, the current
> > line number, etc.?
> > For the latter: no, you cannot disable it, nor make it a single thin
> > line.  About the only thing I know of that can help you is to
> > customize the `mode-line' face to use a smaller font.
>
> Actually you _can_ disable it in Emacs 21:  (setq-default mode-line-format
> nil)
>
> I wouldn't recommend it though -- you won't be able to eaily tell where
> one window ends and the next begins, there's not even a thin line or
> anything.
>
> -Miles
> --
> P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
>       for reasons of military security.

Regards,

<((         D i n g    L e i         ))))))>>
 || Ext: 8102                            ||
 || Email: <dinglei [A] ipanel [O] cn>   ||
 || Dept. Of Technology/Engineering      ||
 || Embedded Information Services Inc.   ||

Message will arrive in the mail.  Destroy, before the FBI sees it.