Which mail client?

From: exits funnel
Subject: Which mail client?
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 13:32:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I'd like to start using EMACS as my email client.
I've been researching the topic on the web and it
seems there are many choices: gnus, rmail, vm.  Are
they all three still actively maintained?  I don't
want to spend time trying to learn something only to
find out that it's no longer maintained/updated. I
guess I'm really just wondering what other people use
and/or suggest.  Thanks in advance for any replies!

-exits