Re: dabbrev-hover.el v. 0.1

From: Vagn Johansen
Subject: Re: dabbrev-hover.el v. 0.1
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 00:56:45 +0200

jasonr (Jason Rumney) @  f2s.com writes:

> Vagn Johansen <gonz808@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>>> Is it needed at all in the minibuffer?
>>
>> The tooltip feature? I don't think so. I rarely use dabbrev-expand /
>> dabbrev-complete in the minibuffer.
>
> If you don't need the tooltip feature in the minibuffer, then why the
> need to redefine tooltip-show? The default implementation should use
> the minibuffer if tooltips are not supported.

You are right. A "(require 'tooltip)" was missing in dabbrev-hover.el. It
is odd that there was no missing function error (it failed silently).

Now it works in the sense that instead of showing a "real" tooltip it
prints "Error while displaying tooltip: (void-function x-show-tip)" in
the minibuffer for half a second and then shows the possible expansion
(also in the minibuffer).

--
Vagn Johansen