Re: undo an undo

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: undo an undo
Date: 24 May 2004 13:03:52 -0400

%% David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:

  dk> Joel Smith <Joelvsmith@earthlink.net> writes:
  >> how do i restore what i've accidently undone?  i.e.  i hit C-x u and then
  >> realize that i really wanted it?  what do i do to restore it?

  dk> Move the cursor and press C-x u again.

You can use any command that "breaks" the undo sequence; then it will go
back to the beginning again (and the first thing on the undo list now
will be the change the last undo made).  I personally prefer to use C-g;
it seems to fit in this context and it's something my "muscle memory"
knows how to type very quickly.  I do the same with yank.

Of course whatever works for you is best.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@gnu.org>          Find some GNU make tips at: