Re: How to tell which *.el file loaded?

From: Lawrence Mitchell
Subject: Re: How to tell which *.el file loaded?
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 10:38:04 +0100

bill wrote:

> Is there a simple way to confirm which of several possible foo.el
> files in the system was loaded by (require 'foo) ?  (I'm thinking
> along the lines of something I can stick in the desired foo.el that
> will confirm to me that it was it that was loaded by (require 'foo)
> .)

Doing (locate-library "foo") will tell you which foo.el or
foo.elc Emacs found.  Emacs prefers byte-compiled (foo.elc) over
source (foo.el) files, so, should you modify foo.el, and a
foo.elc exists, you'll have to recompile it.

You can also look at the output of

M-x list-load-path-shadows RET

--
Lawrence Mitchell <wence@gmx.li>