Re: Book writing mode?

From: David Abrahams
Subject: Re: Book writing mode?
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 15:07:35 -0400

juman@jumans.net writes:

> Is there any more then me out there who write articles, books or longer
> storys and uses Emacs? If so what mode do you use for easy editing and
> do write your text using HTML, DocBook etc or so for easy publishing?

I'm writing a book in ReStructuredText format using Emacs; see
http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html; almost done with it and ReST
has been very satisfactory for most things.  You can turn it into lots
of different output formats, including LaTeX and HTML.  There's an
rst-mode.el for it.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting