Re: Configuring ISPELL for EMACS

From: It's me FKtPp ;)
Subject: Re: Configuring ISPELL for EMACS
Date: 27 May 2004 18:20:39 +0800

"BlakJak" <bj_4paws@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I have just installed ispell for my emacs. I have ispell.elc in my
> load-path
> and I have installed ispell into c:/ispell and I have also added
> c:/ispell/bin
> to my path. I am using Windows 2000.

set another environment variable

DICTIONARY=C:\ispell\lib\english.hash

and in your .emacs, put in

;; Text mode hook for ispell
(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'flyspell-mode)

;; I set this because, when flyspell changes dictionary, it always
;; complains dictionary can't be found. seems like someting break the
;; ispell command. -_- and the EOL is very strange in windows(two ^M).

(setq flyspell-default-dictionary nil)