Re: Book writing mode?

From: gebser
Subject: Re: Book writing mode?
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 15:55:04 -0400

Again, I'll repeat, it depends upon what the particular editor or agent
will accept.  I've been writing and publishing on and off since the '70s
and both in the US and in Germany and have *never* encountered an editor
who requested I submit my work in latex.  It would be a disservice to
the questioner to recommend he learn and use latex unless the editor to
whom he is submitting his work will accept submissions in latex.

Would you agree that it's best to submit in a form which the editor or
agent wants?  Or should you simply always submit all work in latex
regardless of what the editor or agent wants?