Copying & Pasting Text Between emacs & Other X Apps

From: Andrew Shepard
Subject: Copying & Pasting Text Between emacs & Other X Apps
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:55:52 -0700

Hello:

If I'm in my Gnome desktop running emacs in a gnome-terminal window, I can copy and paste text from an application, e.g., Mozilla mail to emacs (Ctrl-C to copy from Mozilla, Ctrl-y to paste to emacs) but I can't figure out how to copy from emacs to Mozilla (or any other app).

Note same issue with xemacs.

Thanks,

Andy ...