Re: How use emacs to organize idea for a presentation

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: How use emacs to organize idea for a presentation
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:56:28 +1000

>>>>> "Giannandrea" == Giannandrea Castaldi <g.castal@tiscali.it> writes:

 Giannandrea> Hi, I'm using emacs for a while and now I'd like to use
 Giannandrea> it for preparing a presentation. Usually I use mind
 Giannandrea> manager, a graphic tool that allows to organize ideas as
 Giannandrea> a tree map and easly move nodes.  Now I want to work in
 Giannandrea> text mode with emacs with the possibility of: * easly
 Giannandrea> move nodes/chapters * close/expand the content of the
 Giannandrea> nodes

 Giannandrea> Any suggestion?

Check out planner-mode - this is not a bad mode for setting out a
project plan etc. You also have outline-mode and there is e-point mode
(I think thats what its called) which is a presentation mode for
emacs. I've not used e-mode, but have read about it and it looks
interesting. I run Debian Linux and all these packages are available
as .deb packages, so you can install them easily with apt-get and try
them out (if your lucky enough to be running Debian that is!).

Tim

--
Tim Cross