Re: Help - change keyboard shortcut

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Help - change keyboard shortcut
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:42:53 -0600

Govindarajan Kothandaraman wrote:
> I usually use emacs on unix. The keyboard shortcut in LaTeX mode C-c C-v
> runs the command "xdvi <filename> &". I recently started using
> MikTeX+emacs on windows too. I have made yap my dvi viewer on windows.
> However the keyboard shortcut C-c C-v gives the following command
> "yap <filename &". How do I get rid of the trailing "&" symbol? Windows
> shell does not recognise the "&" symbol.

`C-c C-v' is bound to tex-view, which calls tex-print, which calls
tex-send-command with t as its BACKGROUND arg unconditionally.  Perhaps
that's a bug on Windows that should be reported.

You might be able to work around it with something like this:

(defadvice tex-send-command (before background activate)
  "Make sure BACKGROUND is nil on DOS/Windows systems."
  (when (memq system-type '(ms-dos windows-nt))
    (ad-set-arg 2 nil)))

--
Kevin Rodgers