Can GNUS inform me when I have unread news?

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Can GNUS inform me when I have unread news?
Date: 23 Jun 2004 08:47:34 +0200

I've just recently started to use GNUS and I wonder if there
is a way to make GNUS inform we when there are new articles
to read. That is, without me needing to press "g" to update
the group buffer. I took a quick look in the index of the
manual and tried to search for words like "time", "update",
"interval" but did not find anything interesting.

/Mathias