Re: Can GNUS inform me when I have unread news?

From: Steinar Børmer
Subject: Re: Can GNUS inform me when I have unread news?
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:31:07 +0200

Marcus Frings wrote:

| * s1726@ii.uib.no (Steinar Børmer) wrote:
|
| > (setq gnus-use-demon t)                 ; Use some daemonic routines
|
| Does not exist.

It seems you're right.  This has probably been yanked from someone's
.gnus years ago.  =)

| > (gnus-demon-add-handler                 ; Scan for mail in the background
| >  'gnus-demon-scan-mail-ps 5 1)
| > (gnus-demon-add-handler                 ; Scan for news in the background
| >  'gnus-demon-scan-news 5 1)
|
| <http://my.gnus.org/node/view/302>

Well, gnus-demon-scan-mail-ps and gnus-demon-scan-news are defined in
gnus-demon.el.  Is there something wrong with them?  I haven't had
time to look them through, but it works for me.

--
SB

I am so smart, so smart - s-m-r-t!  I mean, s-m-A-r-t!
                                        - Homer Simpson