Re: expand/collapse latex section under speedbar ?

From: Eric Ludlam
Subject: Re: expand/collapse latex section under speedbar ?
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:46:37 -0400

>>> Samir Saidani <saidani@info.unicaen.fr> seems to think that:
>
>Euh I have imenu support, it is not the real problem...
>when I click on [+] file.tex,
>I have:
>[+] file.tex
>  [ ] First Section
>    [ ] First Subsection
>      [ ] First SubSubsection
>    [ ] Second Subsection
>
>And I would have for instance :
>
>[-] file.tex
>  [-] First Section
>    [+] First Subsection
>    [ ] Second Subsection
>
>Do you know how to have the possibility to expand/collapse latex
>section or subsection inside the speedbar ?

Hi,

  Speedbar will mimic what you get if you use the command
`imenu-add-to-menubar'.

  Speedbar has better support for texinfo and html commands because
Richard Kim took the time to write a tag display engine for those
languages.  You might be able to adapt sb-texi.el to latex.

  You could also add support for LaTeX/TeX into semantic (a part of my
CEDET project.)

  http://cedet.sf.net/semantic.shtml

  In this case, the resulting improved tag structure would be usable
in imenu, speedbar, and other areas, plus you get the benefit of
beginning-of-defun working in LaTeX, plus (if it is useful to you)
foreign tag insertion.

  Lastly, support of speedbar would let you use ECB for LaTex, which
would be pretty nifty too.

Eric

--
Eric Ludlam                     The MathWorks x 7556 eludlam@mathworks.com