Re: Tutorial for Emacs Diary Mode for use as a Journal?

From: Thomas Gehrlein
Subject: Re: Tutorial for Emacs Diary Mode for use as a Journal?
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:44:49 +0200

rayz@phonon.com (Raymond Zeitler) writes:

> Thanks, but most of these are clients for web-based journals.  By
> "personal journal," I meant one that doesn't reside on a remote,
> public server.

You might want to try planner-mode:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en/PlannerMode

planner-mode allows you to publish your journal, but you don't have to do it.

I use it for a personal diary with a couple of entries (typically 2 - 5
paragraphs) for every day.  I don't publish anything.

Thomas