Re: search and replace

From: Mike Ballard
Subject: Re: search and replace
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 23:04:35 GMT

On Sat Jul 03, I was peacefully napping until David Rasmussen said:

> I am trying with query replace to replace
>
> \ncline[linewidth=0.3mm,offset=-1.5mm,arrows=->,nodesep=4mm]
>
> with
>
> \traverse
>
> but it just replaces 0 occurrences. I don't understand why.
>
> Do I have to do anything special? Is it because the string contains special
> characters
> or ... ?

Sorry - I missed the first "\" and "[" - those mean something in regexps
so they need to be escaped as well...

Mike
--

mikeballard at symbol verizon period net

  "If your main parachute fouls, deploy your reserve.  If your
   reserve is also fouled you have the rest of your life to get
   it straightened out."