Re: Minibuffer wipeout: "Auto-saving... done"

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: Minibuffer wipeout: "Auto-saving... done"
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 02:26:13 GMT

"Kevin Rodgers" <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> wrote in message
40EAEBBD.1050202@yahoo.com">news:40EAEBBD.1050202@yahoo.com...
> Did you specify a non-nil NO-MESSAGE argument to
> do-auto-save?

No.  That may have helped; but my intent had been to
get the message out of the way _before_ my program got
hold of the minibuffer, so I was not really worried
about it.

I just tried to do an experiment with NO-MESSAGE, but
now I can no longer produce the symptom at all.  I am
wondering if my emacs had got itself into a wrong
state when I was having the troubles (like the one
where my string got stuck in the wrong minibuffer
while my program was correctly enlarging the intended
minibuffer associated with the frame in
which I invoked my command).

I find emacs to be so reliable that, when something goes
wrong, I tend to assume that it is my fault.  That may not
have been the case this time.

David V.