Re: How to have a separate I/O window (xterm) with GDB and Emacs?

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: Re: How to have a separate I/O window (xterm) with GDB and Emacs?
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 08:45:20 +0200

Joachim Nilsson <joachim.nilsson@vmlinux.org> writes:

> It should be possible somehow by spawning say an xterm and
> redirect all program I/O using "gdb -tty=device" ...

You could write a 2 lines script calling xterm+gdb, and call it from
the prompt of M-x gdb RET. Don't forget to pass the -fullname option
to gdb, Emacs needs it.

> I'd like to run the latest (very nice) GDB-UI in Emacs but I'm
> stuck with DDD and its separate execution window for now.

Do you know you can do

M-x gdb RET ddd --tty <program> RET

To start ddd as a separate window, in addition to the *gud* buffer ?

--
Matthieu