Re: Emacs Desktop and Wiki Mode

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Emacs Desktop and Wiki Mode
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 09:05:29 -0600

Chris Stiles wrote:
> I'm using emacs desktop to preserve sets of buffers, I am also using
> emacs-wiki mode.
>
> I don't always remember to close all the wiki related pages before
> exiting, and these pages get reloaded back in text-mode.

That seems like a bug -- shouldn't they be loaded in emacs-wiki mode?

,----[ C-h v desktop-modes-not-to-save RET ]
| desktop-modes-not-to-save's value is nil
|
| Documentation:
| List of major modes whose buffers should not be saved.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| Defined in `desktop'.
`----

From desktop.el:

;; To avoid saving excessive amounts of data you may also wish to add
;; something like the following
;;
;; (add-hook 'kill-emacs-hook ;; '(lambda () ;; (desktop-truncate search-ring 3) ;; (desktop-truncate regexp-search-ring 3)))
;;
;; which will make sure that no more than three search items are saved.  You
;; must place this line *after* the `(desktop-load-default)' line.  See also
;; the variable `desktop-save-hook'.

So you could kill your emacs-wiki buffers in a desktop-save-hook function.

--
Kevin Rodgers