Emacs-21.3 is ignoring my X-resources colors setting

From: * Tong *
Subject: Emacs-21.3 is ignoring my X-resources colors setting
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 18:44:35 GMT

Hi,

Sorry about the cross-posting, I've been trying to find a solution for
this for at least 3 weeks now. Many attempts have ended in vain.

Please somebody help, please.

I've been using the following to set up my Emacs colors (dig up from
google) up till emacs-21.2-33, but they no longer work under
emacs-21.3+1-5.

- - - - >8 - - - -
Emacs.default.attributeBackground:      gray25
Emacs.default.attributeForeground:      gray85
Emacs*XlwMenu.background:       gray35
Emacs*XlwMenu.topShadowColor:   gray60
Emacs*XlwMenu.bottomShadowColor:        gray10
Emacs*XlwMenu.foreground:       gray80
- - - - >8 - - - -

I've even made the above changes in

/usr/share/apps/kdisplay/app-defaults/Emacs.ad

and starts with emacs -q --no-site-file.

But still, emacs give me a black on white theme, which makes my eyes pain
for over 3 weeks now. Can anybody help?

Specifically,  how can I set the editing area and menu's
foreground/background?

THANKS A THOUSAND.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)