Non-ascii characters display

From: Edward Casey
Subject: Non-ascii characters display
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 22:06:52 -0500

I recently installed the w32 gnu emacs 21.3 in my laptop (which has the
same version of MS Windows as my desktop). I think everything is
configured identically on both machines but I can't get the emacs to
recognize TTF fonts on the laptop. I think I have just forgotten the
tortuous process I went through on the desktop. How can I see the extended
characters instead of the empty rectangles? I am using latin-4-postfix
input method. Using C-h v and inspecting all of the relevant variables on
both machines seems to indicate identical setups.

Thanks