Re: Emacs-21.3 is ignoring my X-resources colors setting

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: Emacs-21.3 is ignoring my X-resources colors setting
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 09:13:59 -0500

David Steiner <david@sicnarf.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> man emacs
> which talks about the settings in ~/.Xresources
> add the entries, make sure they get loaded:
>       xrdb -load ~/.Xresources
>
> double-check!
>       xrdb -query
>
> hope this helps

Ha .. there's something I had forgotten all about... thanks

Does anyone know where there is a handy dandy reference chart that
shows equivalent meaning of color notations like these in plain english?

  nedit*statsLine.background:   #e6e6e6
  nedit*statsLine.foreground:   #000000
  nedit*text.background:  #ffffff
  nedit*text.cursorForeground:  #000000